Whether a professional, amateur or weekend warrior endurance athlete, every one of us can benefit from the natural properties of caffeine! Caffeine has been shown to enhance performance by about 1 to 3%, particularly in endurance sports.
A few tidbits:
- In a study of cyclists; cyclists who consumed caffeine prior to a 24-mile (40-km) time trial, generated 3.5 percent more power than when they did the ride without caffeine.
- It's suggested that you consume 0.5 to 1 milligram per pound (1 to 2 mg/kg) body weight.
- Caffeine is no longer banned by WADA but it's on the banned list for the NCAA, the governing body of collegiate sports.
- Caffeine can increase the body's ability to burn fat via lipolysis, or the breakdown of fat in fat cells.
- Caffeine activates areas of the brain and nervous system to improve focus and energy, while reducing tiredness.
- Taking 200–400 mg of caffeine, 60 minutes before an event, can help maximize performance benefits.
Caffeine is a natural stimulant most commonly found in tea, coffee and cacao plants. It works by stimulating the brain and central nervous system, helping you to stay alert and burn fat and increase performance.
Get your endurance boost from Endurance Coffee!